Full Form of PPP
The full form of PPP is the Point To point protocol.
|PPP||Point To point protocol|
What is PPP
Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) is a data link protocol that is commonly used to establish a direct connection between two network entities or points (points here called nodes, computers, hosts, etc.). PPP is a protocol most used by Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to allow dial-up connections to the Internet. PPP can provide connection authentication, transmission encryption privacy, and compression.
Services provided by PPP
- The main services provided by the point-to-point protocol are:
- Definition of the frame format of the data to be transmitted.
- Definition of the procedure for establishing a link between two points and data exchange.
- Indication of the encapsulation method of the network layer data in the frame.
- Establishment of authentication rules for communication devices.
- Provide an address for network communication.
- Provide connections through multiple links.
- It supports a variety of network layer protocols by providing a variety of services.
Please also find PPP meaning in other sources. Find Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.