PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. It is a term related to Governmental or Rules & Regulations, Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
|PAN||Permanent Account Number|
|Category||Governmental » Rules & Regulations|
What is full form of PAN?
The full form of PAN is the Permanent Account Number.
The PAN card is a set of ten-digit alphanumeric characters issued by the Income Tax Department. PAN includes both numeric and alphabetic digits. The PAN card has a tangible form with a specific PAN number assigned to it, including the name of the organization, DOB, a photo that can also be provided as proof of identity, and several other legal norms.
PAN card format
The PAN card format contains information about a person such as first and last name, date of birth (DOB), as per KYC regulations. The PAN tab contains the following information:
- First and last name of the person
- Name and surname of the applicant’s father
- Applicant’s date of birth. Date of registration with the competent authority in the case of non-natural persons.
- The PAN card is issued as AAAPL1234C. In the PAN format, the first four characters are English characters, the next four are English numbers, and the last is a letter again.
Example: Consider the PAN card number ABCPNXXXXC
- The fourth character of the ten-digit numbers reflects the status of the holder of the PAN number.
P is a natural person
C stands for the Company
H stands for HUF (Hindu undivided family)
A describes the AOP (association of people)
B stands for BOI (Body of Individuals)
The G symbolizes the Government Agency
J stands for the Artificial Judicial Person
L stands for Local Authority
F means a company or a limited liability company
T symbolizes trust
2. The fifth character of the 10-digit number PAN corresponds to the first character of the person’s surname or surname. In the case of non-individual 5th characters, the first letter and surname of the PAN card holder should be described.
3. The sixth through nine characters are numbers from 0001 to 9999.
4. The tenth character represents an alphabetic check digit.
Various types of PAN
The different types of PAN cards are listed below.
HUF – undivided Hindu family
Company or corporation
Artificial court person
AOP – Association of people
Partnerships or limited liability companies
Necessary documents – :
Documents are clearly needed for 2 main purposes to prove your ID and proof of address. Below are the important documents required for PAN numbers depending on the PAN form they are applying for.
- Natural persons The required documents are Voter ID Driving license Adhar card Passport
- HUF (undivided Hindu family) The required documents are A statement by Hindu Undivided Family on behalf of members, containing the member’s DOB identification and proof of members’ address. 2. Companies Company registration certificate issued by the registry.
- Trust Deed of Trust and Registered Certificate Number issued by the Trust and Charities Commissioner.
- Society Registered number of the certificate issued by the commissioner of the cooperative.
- Foreigners Country of residence bank statement, passport, India NRE bank statement.
Here you learn the full name and complete information of Permanent Account Number, if you have questions and answers related to PAN, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of PAN in this article.
The full form of the PAN is the Permanent Account Number. A Permanent Account Number (PAN) is an electronic computer system that assigns a unique 10-digit alphanumeric number assigned to various entities by the Income Tax Department, Government of India, and used to identify multiple taxpayers in India.
What is the full form of the PAN? The full form of the PAN is the Permanent Account Number. The PAN card is a set of ten-digit alphanumeric characters issued by the Income Tax Department. PAN includes both numeric and alphabetic digits.
PAN (PERMANENT ACCOUNT NUMBER) – All about Mr. Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a ten-digit alphanumeric number assigned by the Income Tax Department. As a standard, it is issued in the form of a laminated card by the IT Department.
PAN typically includes a mobile computer, a cellular telephone, and handheld computing devices. “PAN”