NATO stands for North Atlantic Treaty Organizatio. It is a term related to Associations & Organizations or Governmental Organizations, Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
|NATO||North Atlantic Treaty Organizatio|
|Category||Associations & Organizations » Governmental Organizations|
What is full form of NATO?
The full form of NATO is the North Atlantic Treaty Organizatio. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), also known as the North Atlantic Alliance, is an intergovernmental military alliance based on the North Atlantic Treaty signed on April 4, 1949. The organization is a collective defense system in which member states agree to defend each other in response to an attack by any outside party. NATO’s headquarters are in Brussels, Belgium
It is a 28-state military-political alliance. An organization was established to protect the freedom and security of the member nations. The seat of the organization is in Brussels, Belgium. NATO was created for collective defense on April 4, 1949, which means that an offensive against any of its member states would be seen as an attack on all its allies.
- NATO’s primary goal is to protect and safeguard the independence of its member states.
- However, it had to broaden its purpose in recent years, with the increasing context of violence, and agreed to also protect and defend member nations from cyberattacks, terrorism and weapons of mass destruction.
NATO history at a glance
- When the United States and many European nations joined the North Atlantic Treaty to work together against the attackers, NATO was created in 1949, after World War II.
- It started with just 12 member states in 1949: Belgium, Denmark, Canada, France, Italy, Iceland, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Great Britain (Great Britain) and the USA (United States).
- Greece and Turkey joined the association in 1952.
- It was entered by West Germany in 1955.
- Spain entered the association in 1982.
- In 1997, they invited Hungary, the Czech Republic and Poland to participate in the organization. Seven countries joined in 2004, one year after NATO took over the mandated ISAF (International Security Assistance Force) forces of the United Nations, Estonia, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia.
- Albania and Croatia were members in 2009.
Here you learn the full name and complete information of North Atlantic Treaty Organizatio, if you have questions and answers related to NATO, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of NATO in this article.
What is the full form of NATO NATO: North Atlantic Treaty Organization. NATO means the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. It is a political and military alliance of 28 countries. The organization was established to protect the freedom and security of the member countries. The organization is based in Brussels, Belgium.
What is the full form of NATO in English and Hindi? North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) also known as the North Atlantic Alliance. NATO is an intergovernmental military alliance of 29 countries in North America and Europe. The main task is to implement the North Atlantic Treaty. The treaty was signed on April 4, 1949.
Calendar of countries joining NATO. Countries that were already NATO members at a given time are marked in dark blue. Light blue indicates new members. NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) is an international alliance that consists of 29 member states from North America and Europe.
The organization was established to protect the freedom and security of the member countries. The organization is based in Brussels, Belgium. NATO was created on April 4, 1949 for collective defense, which means that an attack on any of its members will be considered an attack on all allies.