MAN stands for Metropolitan Area Network. It is a Networking related term, Here you learn the full name and complete information of Metropolitan Area Networks.
|MAN||Metropolitan Area Network|
Find Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
Metropolitan Area Network
MAN stands for Metropolitan Network and it is basically a computer network that is created by connecting multiple LANs. MAN covers a geographic area known as the metropolitan area. It serves as a connection larger than a LAN (local area network) but smaller than a WAN (wide area network). It generally covers the city area. Connects different LANs in a point-to-point connection area. MAN also provides regional resource sharing. MAN is very effective for use over a large area, such as a city or a large campus.
Advantages and disadvantages
- MAN covers a larger area than LAN.
- It has lower implementation costs and uses fewer resources.
- Provides greater security than WAN.
- It can cover an area as large as a city.
- MAN is the faster way to connect two high-speed LANs. This is due to the quick link configuration.
- In some MAN installations, users can share their internet connection. This allows multiple users to get the same high speed internet.
- Disadvantages -:
- MAN is not easy to manage as it becomes very complex.
- It takes highly qualified people to look after him.
- Requires more cables to connect to the LAN.
- It has high management costs
- It covers a smaller area than the WAN.
- It is only used in metropolitan areas.
Related Full Forms List
|TCP Full Form – Transmission Control Protocol|
|BRI Full Form – Basic Rate Interface|
|SDO full form- Standard Development Organizations|
|LAN Full Form – Local Area network|
|ISP Full Form – Internet Service Provider|
If you have questions and answers related to MAN, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of MAN in this article.