ISP stands for Internet service provider. It is a Internet related term, Here you learn the full name and complete information of Internet service provider.
|ISP||Internet service provider|
Find Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
Full Form of ISP
The full form of ISP is the Internet service provider. a company that provides internet connectivity and services to individuals and organizations.
Who is Internet Service Provider?
An Internet Service Provider (ISP) is an organization that offers many different services related to accessing, using, or participating in the Internet. ISPs can be organized in various forms, such as commercial, community-owned, non-profit, or otherwise privately owned.
Internet services typically provided by ISPs may include Internet access, Internet transit, domain name registration, hosting, Usenet, and collocation.
The ISP usually acts as an access point or gateway that gives the user access to everything that is available on the internet
Types of Internet Service Provider
- Dial-up Internet access -: Dial-up Internet access is a form of Internet access that uses public switched telephone network equipment to establish a connection with an ISP by dialing a telephone number on a conventional telephone line.
- DSL -: DSL stands for Digital Subscriber Line. Users get a high-speed connection from a telephone jack on the existing telephone network. DSL works on frequencies that the phone does not support, so you can use the Internet while making phone calls.
- Wireless Broadband (WiBB) -: A wireless broadband (WiBB) connection is a high-speed Internet access and data service that is provided over a wireless local area network (WLAN) or a wireless wide area network (WWAN). As with other wireless services, wireless broadband can be fixed or mobile.
- Wi-Fi network -: A Wi-Fi network is a wireless network (without wires) that connects to your internet router and wireless-capable devices (such as laptops, smartphones, and printers) in your home using a wireless radio signal.
- ISDN -: ISDN stands for Integrated Services Digital Network. It is a set of communication standards that use digital transmission to make telephone calls, video calls, data transmission, and other network services over the circuits of a traditional Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN). ISDN was introduced in 1986 by BT. ISDN supports data transfer rates of 64 Kbps per channel, and most ISDN circuits in use today are configured as two channels to provide 128 Kbps throughput. The BRI consists of two 64 Kbps B channels and one D channel for transmitting control information. BRI ISDN has a maximum speed of 128 Kbps.
- Ethernet -: Ethernet is a family of wired networking technologies commonly used in local area networks (LANs), metropolitan networks (MAN), and wide area networks (WAN). It was introduced to the market in 1980 and was first standardized in 1983 as IEEE 802.3. It may provide different speeds such as 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 10 Gbps
Related Full Forms List
|IP Full Form – internet Protocol|
|3GPP Full Form – 3rd Generation Partnership Project|
|GPRS Full Form – General Packet Radio Service|
|GSM Full Form – Global System for Mobiles|
|WAN Full Form – Wide Area Network|
If you have questions and answers related to ISP, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of ISP in this article.