IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is a term related to Banking, Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
|IBPS||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
Full Form of IBPS
The full form of IBPS is the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is an independent organization which conducts online exams to recruit officers, clerks and trainees in public sector banks in India.
It is based in Mumbai, India. The institute conducts different exams for different positions in public sector banks
Here you learn the full name and complete information of Institute of Banking Personnel Selection, if you have questions and answers related to IBPS, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of IBPS in this article.
IBPS offers its services to banks in the government and private sectors, regional rural banks, and foreign banks. It also serves other financial institutions, including co-operative banks, insurance companies, academic institutions, and both private- and state-owned companies
The services are:
- Project consultation: assistance in conducting examinations for recruitment and promotion
- Assessment centres that help organisations in identifying the knowledge and skills of applicants for the suitable positions
- Personality assessments using group exercises and interviews to identify the candidates’ higher cognitive skills
- Training programmes for senior staff to help develop their observational and interviewing skills
- Workshops for people who design their own question papers
- Lists of experts who can conduct interviews or group exercises effectively
History of IBPS
After nationalisation of banks in India in 1969, Indian banks needed to expand their branch network across the country so that they were more accessible to their customers. This required more staff but recruitment through methods such as advertising were unsatisfactory.
Thus, the banks asked the NIBM to design a selection testing process through which they could hire proficient candidates.
And as a result, a small unit named Personnel Selection Services (PSS) was established to handle these types of projects. A few years later, in 1984, PSS was converted into IBPS.