DST stands for Department of Science and Technology. It is a term related to Governmental or Departments & Agencies, Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.
|DST||Department of Science and Technology|
|Category||Departments & Agencies|
What is full form of DST?
The full form of DST is the Department of Science and Technology. DST stands for Department of Science and Technology. It is a department of the Ministry of Science and Technology of India. It was established on May 3, 1971 in order to promote new fields of science and technology and to act as a nodal department for organizing, coordinating and promoting scientific and technical activities in the country.
DST performs various tasks related to specific projects and programs, some of which are as follows:
- Formulates policies related to science and technology.
- deals with matters related to the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Council of Ministers (SACC).
- It promotes new areas of science and technology with a special emphasis on new areas such as the production, processing and use of biofuels and the use of by-products to produce added-value chemicals.
- Coordinates areas of science and technology with cross-sectoral connections.
- Undertakes or sponsors scientific and technological research, research and development.
- Manages and coordinates the Management Information System for Science and Technology.
- Promotes science and technology at the state, county, and village levels through state science and technology councils and related mechanisms.
- Develops applications of Science and Technology for women and vulnerable or disadvantaged social groups. .
DST introduced various streams that later became departments and even ministries with targeted goals and tasks. Some of these streams are the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Environment and Forests (Ministry of Economy), Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES), and Department of Electronics (DoE ).
Here you learn the full name and complete information of Department of Science and Technology, if you have questions and answers related to DST, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of DST in this article.