Full Form of 3G
The full form of 3G is the Third Generation Cellular Network.
|3G||Third Generation Cellular Network|
What is 3G
3G (Third Generation) is an International Mobile Telecommunications (ITU) specification for the third generation of mobile phone technology standards. 3G is more advanced than previous versions and has higher data speed, promising better video and audio transmission, including support for video calling, Internet TV, advanced multimedia, etc.
Difference Between 3G & 4G
Third Generation Cellular Network(3G)
- It stands for 3rd generation technology.
- The maximum upload speed for 3G technology is 5 Mbps.
- The maximum download speed of 3G technology is 21 Mbps.
- It uses packet switching technique.
- The frequency range of 3G technology is 1.8 GHz to 2.5 GHz.
- It lenient horizontally.
- It is a wide area cell-based network architecture.
- There are turbo codes that are used for error correction in 3G technology.
Fourth Generation Cellular Network(4G)
- While it is synonymous with fourth generation technology.
- While the maximum upload rate of 4G technology is 500 Mbps.
- While the maximum download speed of 4G technology is 1 Gbps.
- While it uses the packet switching technique as well as the message switching technique.
- While its frequency range is from 2 GHz to 8 GHz.
- While it lenient horizontally as well as vertically.
- While it is the integration of wireless LAN and wide area cell-based network architecture.
- 4G technology uses concatenated codes for error correction.
Related Full Forms List
If you have questions and answers related to 3G, then tell us your thoughts in the comment, know the complete meaning of 3G in this article.
Please also find 3G meaning in other sources.
Find Useful Terms and Definitions which we use in daily life but we do not know their full name meaning, Here’s a list of important abbreviations that you should know.